View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 08:36 PM
writerwomen

Mostly gifts. Years ago I had the fabulious idea I'd open my own sewing business to suppliment income while my husband was in grad school, and I was working as a dental assistant. Well, it didn't take long until I realized it wasn't for me. I didn't quite know how to handle the string of women who needed their clothes taken in because they lost weight when in reality they had gained weight. Didn't quite know how to tacktfully handle that becuase no matter how I gently worded it they kept handing me another item asking to have it tailored. Also getting calls on Thursday by a mother who's daughter was getting married Saturday and wanted a custome dress the mother would then explode when I told her I needed weeks preferably months, saying things like, 'what kind of a professional are you, you say you make custome gowns, I certainly won't come back or recomend you.' Though I didn't say it I wanted to say- 'Oh thank you, you have no idea how releaved I am to hear the last of you.' Now I enjoy sewing on what ever machine crosses my desk as we restore one after another. That and patching my kids jeans again and again.