Thread: I hate movers!
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 08:41 PM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by cjk
I just looked at some of my boxes of fabric and they are nasty dirty and some are even ripped!!! I knew my boxes looked like an elephant had stepped on them but my goodness I didn't know they destroyed some! I even had some in a plastic tote and the tote is busted all the pieces and all thats holding it together is the miles of tape they used. Not sure if I'm up to looking in it right now. I just want to set down and cry!
I am not sure who in your state licenses movers, but if they crossed state lines, they may fall under federal jurisdiction. That said, I would start by calling the FTC, and asking who to send extra copies of your complaint to.(Squeaky wheel gets the oil!) Moving companies are regulated like everything else, and if you do nothing, you are letting this happen to others, and taking an un-needed loss. Ask the moving company who holds their "bonds". All companies are required to be bonded against loss. If you mention this to the moving company, you may be amazed at how fast they want you to be happy with them. A "bond" is like insurance to do business. (They don't want their rates to go up either.) Good luck. I would also check your homeowner's or renter's insurance. They can make you whole, and go after the Mover's insurance company themselves. I hope this is helpful. :thumbup: