Old 05-18-2011, 04:50 AM
euchreprincess

Originally Posted by lots2do
In a few years, if the plans materialize (so to speak), we will be snowbirds. I'll be loosing the spare room here and we'll be in a condo. My mind is already planning how I'll be able to use the smaller space we'll have. I've searched and read some old threads here but am interested in getting some new ideas.
We are snowbirds (MI/AZ) and we're in a condo. I actually find my smaller space more efficient, plus it forces me to be more organized. (I'm in a laundry/furnace/water heater room, about an 8' x 6' space to work with). I sold the big W/D and bought a stackable set. DH moved the laundry cabinets out to the garage. I have a craft table from WalMart (Cost $125) that has storage drawers/shelves and 2 "wings" of tabletop that can be put up when working. However, it's difficult to get to the garage when I'm working! lol I store notions and thread in the drawers, at easy reach, fabric on the shelves and in plastic stackable drawer bins that are stacked in the slim space next to the W/D stacking set. Books & patterns on top of the W/D set, cutting mats between the wall and W/D. DH also put up wire shelves around the top of the room, out of head's reach, and I have all the rest stored in fabric lined baskets on that! Sorry, wish I had a picture, but we're back in MI.