View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 08:57 AM
crazyquilter

Originally Posted by Shadow Dancer
My 24 year old Janome is "Old Girl", My Pfaff has earned the name "Pfaffy" and the Janome embroidery machine earned the name "little turd!" after it started acting up and had to be sent back to Janome.

Yes I talk to my machines, Pfaffy beeps and stops and a message pops up telling me my bobbin is getting low, my usual comment after it does this about four times is "alright already! Just let me finish this seam!" Old Girl talks back to me, only because I forget that she doesn't drop her foot when I press the pedal like Pfaffy does.

I'm not even talking to LIttle Turd, that machine is having a time out! LOL :)
Little turd is a wonderful name for Janome! I used to say that my 350e had my initial on it, for "Emma", but I have become very unhappy with it, so litte turd would work for me! I have a sort of new"Pfaffy" also, (Unnamed as of yet, just bought HIM on Ebay about a month ago; (Performance 2056)when HE beeps at me the first time about the bobbin, I just open HIS little front door and say OK I don't need your crappy reminder; you're not out of thread yet! (Wonder why the male gender??? Just a whim!) Husqvarna Rose is obviously just "Rosie." A wonderful machine; beautiful stitching, but only does a 4x4 embroidery field. :cry: An old Pfaff, vintage1990 named Deseret' , bought in Palm Desert, CA.
Gammill quilting machine is "Dougmar" (Combo of the couple who run a Touch of Thread where I bought it.) Previous quilting machine HQ16 was named Heidi. 3 sergers, unnamed. Why 3? They all function differently.
Other names are DH's truck "Ewe's Baby" (Dodge Ram)
My car; Green Weenie .
And etc and etc...
We've enjoyed giving nicknames!!!
Oh,oh, and the one and only time I had a dog that had puppies was my Lhasa Apso Tippy...We named her puppies as they were born, and it worked out pretty good!
A- Alphy (version of first letter of Greek alphabet)
B-Baby
C-Candy
D-Dandy
E-Elmo
F- Finney (Version of last letter )
They are all gone now, but what fun, fun little animals! Makes me sad to think of their passing, but should remember all the joy they brought to us!