View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 07:40 AM
Bobbin along

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Are there any other longarm businesses in the area? I would want my name to be distinctly different from theirs. Another thing (and I'm probably the odd gal out on this) is that I don't like to see businesses that use the owner's name. Just too home-grown, mom & pop for me. To me a well thought out business name says "professional".

So now that I've told you all that...I now have to admit that I am not very good at coming up with suggestions for names :?
I totally agree--using your name shouts "non-professional." Pretend you will soon have shops across the world--"Peachy Quilts" just wouldn't do it--IMHO-- think of adjectives that could describe you anywhere---like Distintive Quilting or Distintive Long Arm Quilting, or Exquisite, or Creative, or Artisan, or Free Expression, or Finishing Touch, or.....? Thesaurus is a wonderful tool.
Good luck. I know that finding a name that suits YOU is a really difficult process---until you commit to one, and then names will be jumping out at you from everywhere! :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup: