Old 05-19-2011, 08:00 AM
ruthrec

I didn't find my exact situation in search. I am notorious for buying first then thinking of the consequences. At Hancock Fabrics I found a piece of 100% Polyester suede, 60 " wide in a beautiful shade of red. Also, in the same shade there was another piece with a double wedding ring etched into the fabric. So I pay an exorbitant amt of money on this for my daughter's bed covering. I have eight yards total and it will cover the queen bed with a good amt of overhang. I can't call it a quilt but am doing it in place of a quilt. I won't cut the fabric but instead will use applique and decorative threads and stitches to make her "quilt." This is my problem: I never even thought about the bleeding. And it bleeds. Thoughtlessly I washed AND DRIED twice and the color catcher I used came out the same color as the fabric. Question: Will Retayne work after the fabric has been washed and dried or will I just have to live with it? Also, can it be drycleaned if I put Warm and White batting in the middle. What about backing? Stick with poly or cotton, and what color? Wish I'd given this more thought. I will not throw this fabric out. It cost me too much and is much too beautiful. I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks to this forum I have somewhere to go with my quilting problems. At least you listen even if there is no solution. Thank you.