Old 05-19-2011, 12:28 PM
ruthrec

I will try to clarify here. I have not cut it, nor have I sewn it. I have only pre-washed it. The second fabric is the same shade but will be sewn to two sides and bottom to make the overhang. This will be the quilt top.

To that back ground I want to outline the double wedding ring design in decorative thread/stitches/or embroidery. This fabric is the exact size of the top of her queen size mattress. The plain fabric (same color, sans design)will provide two sides and bottom overhang.

I want to outline the double wedding ring design in decorative threads and use some applique or embellishments. This is just the top.

What about batting? Stay with polyester? Hi loft? What fabric would make good backing for suede?

You can tell that I didn't think this one through! Hancock's is remodeling and I was getting what I could while available. This sounds about as clear as mud.
I am going to order the Retayne (no store here has it)and keep washing, talk to a cleaners, keep checking back here, and something will turn up. One of us will find the answer. I'm sure of it. :) Thanks.