View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 03:47 AM
sinceresissy

Originally Posted by plainpat
That's exactly why I quilt....just because I want to, so when I don't want to, no big deal.Quilting really became a main interest after I made quilts for family,then decided not to make quilts for other ppl.If a miniature sounds good, I do it.But,wait....there's a lovely pattern, maybe that will be next.In other words, quilting for me is doing what/when as I please.

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
Every now and then. Comes and goes. But, since I do it for my own pleasure, it doesn't bother me.
Me too! This is for pleasure and if it isn't pleasant I don't do it. I am not quilting for money. I am not quilting for someone else. I make a quilt I am interested in and then I find someone who would like to have it. The only time I feel the least bit pressure is when I am almost at the end of the quilting then I pushed to get it done. I may have a couple of projects going at the same time but it is nothing I have to finish on a deadline. I am retired and retirement to me means relaxing and enjoying this time as much as possible. I still have other deadlines to meet but not like when I worked.