Old 05-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Kitzone

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Kitzone
Thought I might show off my Japan 15 Clone. She looks very similar to a Necchi but without decals. Very shinny, sews wonderfully, and came with a box of attachments :)

I don't know, call me crazy, but everytime I look at her, she reminds me of the classic "little black dress" - so that is what I call her.

Judy
Judy, I love your "little black dress," and I hate to say this, but why do you think it is a 15 clone? The 15 clones have the tension disk on the face plate just like a Model 15. Is that machine the size of a 99? What are the demensions of the machine? Anyway, it is a really cute machine and I certainly am not trying to put the machine down it is really cute for sure! It actually reminds me of a 301!

Nancy

After looking at it again, I can see why you thought it was a 15 clone, except for the tension disk, it does look like a 15.
Nancy ~ the dimensions are 14 1/2" X 7". I really didn't know how to classify it because it has similar parts to several different models. Now that you point out the tension disk, I agree it's more like a 66. (Hmmm - makes me wonder what happened to my brain cells and eye sight when I turned 50??)

Irishrose - Thank you for the leads on Jolson and Nelco. I did a quick google search and didn't find any photo's that resemble my SM but I will do some further research.

Judy