Old 05-21-2011, 09:57 PM
AliKat

Originally Posted by Yankee Quilter
We downsized almost 5 years ago and are now in a 2 bed room condo. The second bedroom is for sewing and guests. We decided to get a murphy bed with cabinets (for stash) and bookcases on either side. So one wall has all that storage plus a bed for guests. When there are no guests, the closed bed looks like a paneled door. There is a fold down table on this door which serves as my cutting table. There's a good size closet, packed with more of my stash. My sewing cabinet sits either in the corner, or pulled out and used in front of the window. It has worked out very well. Good luck with your transition.
I looked at Murphy beds for what is now my " studio" or my former master bedroom in my 2 bedroom townhome. They were expensive and took up a lot of space.

I decided to go with a daybed but not get the trundle portion. So the area under the daybed has open plastic [toy] bins on wheels to hold my extras. I have a tall chest of drawers at one end of the daybed and a 2 drawer file cabinet at the other end.

I found lots of space.

However, I now have a HandiQuilter. so a friend made the table for it so that it stradles the daybed and the file cabinet, has locking wheels, and could hold a cow it is so sturdy. I can pull out the HQ when I want to and even put it on the far wall so that it stradles my embroidery machine table and my sewing cabinet.
Then I can use the daybed as a bed.

ali

Day bed in studio
[ATTACH=CONFIG]200369[/ATTACH]

Daybed in studio with HQ over it and bins under it
[ATTACH=CONFIG]200370[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-200363.jpe   attachment-200364.jpe