View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 03:07 AM
insgal62

I have ordered from CT's and while I won't "rave" about the quality of ALL their fabrics, I think most of their fabrics are a good value for the price. My LQS easily charges $9.99 per yd and higher. CT won't cost you anywhere near as much. but SOME of what you get from CT, MAY NOT be the top of the line quality fabrics either. I had put out a thread on the board here recently, asking people's opinion's on the quality of their fabrics and about ordering from CT and it touched off a storm of opinions about some stuff that honestly never mattered to me. I ended up buying some sample fat quarters of a couple of color choices that I wanted for a large wedding gift quilt and wanted to get the samples before ordering a huge quantity of fabric for the quilt.

Both colors were OK but the fabrics were somewhat thinner than what I'm used to buying. I decided to use only one of the two fabrics for the wedding quilt that I ordered samples for. Everything else I bought . . . was yards and yards of gorgeous fabrics that I loved and recommend highly. And for the sale price of $3.00 per yard, the other fabrics I order were nice and soft and thick and just as good as LQS fabric. So you never quite know when you order online. But over all, I have been very happy with most of my online purchases of fabric.

So, some of their fabrics I was thrilled with and some I wasn't so much. I think you need to order a fat quarter of what you might like and check it out if you are concerned. But they do have a "No hassle" return policy. I have never ordered from Whittles so I will have to check them out. But FYI. . . I also LOVE fabric.com.