View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 03:20 AM
patricej
Administrator

i've seen a lot of opinions thrown around in this topic regarding "quality". i've edited some of them.

it is accurate to describe the fabrics sold by Connecting Threads as unique. they are very different to what you'll find anywhere else.

it is not accurate to imply or to state that they are in any way of inferior quality. they are some of the nicest fabs available in their price range if their color pallettes appeal to you. once they go on sale, they are a fantastic bargain.

let's all remember, please, that "quality" is for the most part a matter of opinion. we each have our preferences when it comes to color, weight and weave of the fabric, etc.

where you buy your fabrics will never guarantee how nice the fabrics are, let alone whether or not they are of the sort you like best.

i have purchased a few fabs from online and in-person LQS that - once washed - were no different to some i've bought at walmart. (well ... ok ... the prices were different. :lol: )

the wise thing to do is to buy just one or two pieces from lines you find interesting and that fall within your budget. make note of those that thrilled you and those that left you cold. over time, you'll decide for yourself which to buy more of in future and which to avoid.