Old 04-05-2009, 07:48 AM
Barbm

I would like to make a wall hanging for my church. Every week I sit there looking at a "flag" someone donated to hang behind the minister in the pulpit. We are a tiny church, usually 30 people per week attend.

We have some gorgeous stained glass windows on the two sides of the church. I would like to make a quilted wall hanging of a replica of the stained glass window. I have pics from a brochure I did a couple of years ago.

Now, to all my bffs on this forum- HELP!!! Any books you can recommend or websites I should visit? Or- what about your experiences? I've seen some awesome work on here so your insights are much more than I can ever read in a book.

I was thinking a muslin background to lay it out on. Then cut the pieces and use black 1/4" binding ironed on (I see Clover has it on rolls), making it an applique. Then quilt- how I have no clue, probably send to quilter since I want this to be a "work of art".

First I'm going to print out the pics and make them big enough to become the pattern and lay them out on the bed in the guest room. And from there...????

Any ideas or info you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Barb