View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 07:50 AM
Sierra

Every quilt store has it's own personality! There are some that bore me to tears (but others like them); other stores are full of such imaginative fabrics that my mind goes crazy with new ideas. JoAnn's is great, but their selection only goes from A to L. I have issues with Walmart (a friend who worked there explained the "part-time" policy to keep from paying benefits), the clueless men that lorded it over the other workers (women were never promoted to supervisory positions).... all of which I presume have been corrected to some extent by now.

I do shop from one place especially on line... their pictures are very accurate and service is prompt and the ability to "search" for what I want (Laural Burch, dragons, purple flowers...) is great. Others can be terrible.

But LQS is the best! Have a problem, ask... and the other shoppers will form an instant tutorial and you have more than one answer! They'll even send you to another place which deals in big prints, or is known for their batik selection, or......

Our LQS closed last year and I miss it so!!!