View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 08:38 AM
grammyv

went to a garage sale last fri that was to run friday and sat.the lady who was selling had quilted for the last fifteen years along with her daughter.she was recently diagnosed with a form a parkinson's and can no longer quilt.her prices were good-1 to4 dollars for one to four yards.she also had several garbage bags full of fabric she wanted 10.00 for that she said she had been unable to get sorted out.all was 100 % cotton.i bought forty dollars worth on the spot and asked if she would call me when the sale was over-maybe i would want to buy what was laft.
she called me sat eve and said she had counted if all up and it came to 500.00-but she would sell it to me for 250.00!:)
i bought all of it.;) lol, i now have more than enough fabric for quilts for many years.some of the fabric i recognized from some i had bought a couple years ago.all was neatly folded.i am soooo happy! also,was able to give two bags full to my sister who is stuggling to make ends meet until she can get her medicare next june-12.she makes purses and can use a lot of it for linings.i am blessed.grammy