View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 10:18 AM
clynns

My daughter and I went on an Ohio Shop Hop, that's where you get in the car and drive to 10-15 shops hopefully all in one day. (Yes it can be done!). We went to one that had a beautiful bright border that looked like it came from India. But we couldn't find the fabric anywhere. We walked into one of the shops on the tour and on our way out (we asked for the fabric at EVERY shop) I saw IT! It was a full bolt and I grabbed it and held on tight. I yelled for my daughter and she said how much do you want? I said at least 7 yards, she said I'll take the rest! This is how it starts.
Sometimes you go to bed, and the fabric fairy's get up in the middle of the night and make more fabric. Usually, you do online shop hops and see sales that are meant to 'entice' you. It works. When you see just the right color of coral or teal and know that it goes with that hard to find border - you buy it. Soon, your fabric has had little baby's. What starts out as lint, ends up costing a mint! I made a funny. LOL
Like someone said....enjoy the process. You'll know when it happens....