Old 05-26-2011, 05:34 PM
olebat

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by olebat
...I'm not one for pain meds, even with this knee replacement, so I kept a clear head and had fun while I could, I had good staff and therapists. Laughter is the best medicine. Finding all those machines (7) didn't hurt either. It's my piggy bank which will need the pain meds.
Glad you are feeling better. Did you mean that you don't take any pain meds... after knee replacement?

I just had hip replacement in March. I don't like pain meds either but I have learned to take them for as short a time as possible. I had both knees replaced followed by a hip replacement. This last one makes me complete.... ha-ha! Totally worth it to go through, although for many years I said 'no way anyone is cutting my bones'.

:-D
Yep, zip, zilch, zero, none, no pain medicine stronger than a couple of Tylenol. I had all the pain Before the surgery. Just learned to grin and bare it. Life goes on. I hope I can put the other knee off for a few years. I have too many machines to restore and move to alternate locations to play this "lady of leisure" game. I'll keep you in mind as the bionic hero anytime my ortho guy mentions replacement.