Old 05-26-2011, 09:44 PM
ssnare

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
Lhunt Those are really great! Does the witchy window have a bottom to it? I couldn't see one from my computer screen. the ghosty is very cool!

Hi cheryl .... Yes you can use a tiny bit of washing powder or liquid and hand wash them in a basin before you dry them in a dryer. Nip each end off with a little triangle and you won't get as much fraying as would normally. You are going to cut this later into your squares, so it won't bother the finished blocks as long as it is larger than you planned finished blocks. If there is any bleeding occuring put some apple cider vihegar in the rinse water to stop that action and rinse again.

Then when your fabrics are dry, press the fabric with the grain line in mind. The selvage edge is the strongest of the two sides becaused more threads run in that direction. Don't use finish if you are going to use it for applique. It makes it to where the heat and bond won't stick well.

Does this help ???
Oh my!! I have hand washed mine in hot water and line dried them. I did not know I was to dry them in the drier. I have a bunch cut, ironed and sewn on. What should I do?