Old 05-27-2011, 07:51 PM
fabric whisperer

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by fabric whisperer
then I got this at the estate sale... didn't have a price, and this was a huge-mondo-bodacious-hoarder sale... just 1/4 mile away, so we all walked up... OMG I found this outside in the tent, and asked price (was unlabelled) ~ made sure i opened it so the lady that worked there could smell the musty smell :thumbup: :shock: worked in my favor, she said $24 ... I acted disinterested for a few minutes. Then when she wasn't looking, snagged it LOL

Billy, Nancy, anyone know anything more about this? My first question is, HOW do you get rid of the musty smell from the case? OMG its strong, but don't see mildew growing. HELP! I gotta save her!

The attachments box ~ I just had to have that... there was a shuttle and 5 bobbin spools in there for my treadle!!! yay!
Now let me get this straight - you got that 15 clone and that attachment box, which is not for the 15 clone, for $24? Am I reading this right? That 15 clone is a very nice machine, but you probably will never get its exact date. Those attachments look just like the ones that came with my Free #5 treadle.

Great find! Oh and I love the Kenmore 117, especially the color!
Nancy
this is a 15 clone? ??? really? I had no idea what it was, but never would have suspected that! the only gold that is messed up is the name on the front ~ looks like someone had a label on there, like an address label, and then removed it. its a perfect rectangle "removed" from the decal. and some normal rubbing on the top name gold.

Looked at my receipt ~ she charged me $24 for the machine. And the one lady must have overheard me talking to my husband, because they added $10 to the bill for the attachments box. So $34 for both. The feet in the black box are not for the Martin.

Now to figure out how in the world to get the musty smell out of the case... yes, we have the full case top & bottom for the Martin machine. we unscrewed the sewing head from the box base, it is a strong smell... the box lives on the porch until further notice!!! already cleaned up the machine a little... wow, sews SMOOTH!