View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 12:22 AM
cabinfever

Originally Posted by renee765
I am 60. My hair is very long, but I always keep it up in back. For me, it's just less of a bother to twist it up than to fuss with blow-drying, or curling, or regular trims. No one has seen me with my hair down in years. I figure that by the time you reach my age, you can wear your hair however the heck you like it.
I couldn't agree more! I have had hair I could sit on since I was 9 years old. I am used to what I can do with it, up or down. I am not one to fuss over my hair & don't curl or dye it. If I cut it short, I would have to spend time on it more every day; it is less work long. I always like to have it up when I am working.
I recently cut 14" off & it is now at my waist. My husband likes long hair & doesn't want me to cut it, even though I am getting a few gray streaks. I have fond memories of my elders & friends with the long gray braids wrapped around their heads in their 80's & 90's. I remember telling the women when I was about age 5, "I want to grow up to be just like you with the beautiful braids". They all laughed. I think that memory has been a big part of my desire to keep my long hair.