Old 05-28-2011, 02:46 PM
insgal62

If I were going to be totally honest here among my fellow quilting friends, I'd have to say yes, I get somewhat offended when I spend weeks to months agonizing over patterns, fabrics and hours of work to make someone a special quilt and they don't display it or use it. I made a beautiful quilt for my mom and step dad and every time I visit it is neatly folded in the corner while she has these ratty old throw blankets laid out over the sofa. That kind of irritates me. I have made quilts for my grandkids and my DIL has made it a point to tell me that she is not displaying them right now because they are selling their house and needed to de-clutter. But she had asked me to put rod pockets on them because she wanted to hang them up in their bedrooms when they find a new house. So I try not to get upset about it, but I want my work to be valued too. But once I give it away, I guess you have to just let it go. If they are not loved by the person I gave it to, at least they are loved by me!! That's all that matters.