Old 05-28-2011, 04:44 PM
O.O.

I am happy for you. I always like it when I get a find like that.
Originally Posted by sandpat
Well, I couldn't believe my luck today. I was visiting a friend and we were talking about what we look for on Craigslist. I mentioned that I usually only looked for antique sewing machines, etc. She said..."why?" Of course I told her "just because I think they are cool and I'd like to have one"..So...she says, "Well I have one...I'll let you have it for what I have in it". So we go look (I can hardly contain myself at this point). She takes me to this cute little solid wood cabinet, flips it open, lifts out the machine and says. "Here it is, I think I paid $30.00 for it" :shock: So....After I pick myself up off the floor, I told her I'd be HAPPY to take her....if she was sure. So she hollers at her DH that she is selling me the machine, did he remember what they paid for it...He hollers back "Yeah, I think $15.00" OMGosh...at this point I am hyperventilating.... :shock:....so I say..."Again, I'll take her if you are SURE"...So she says, "Oh yeah, and it will sew too and the light works!"...then she asks me if I'm SURE I want her!!....

Of course, they loaded her in my truck and I played all afternoon...This is my 1st venture into the older machines so I have lots to learn evidently. I have a couple of questions to figure out. But here she is!!!! Bare with me while I post several pics...