View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 08:02 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

A few months ago I asked the board if getting EQ would be worth the investment. A quilter caught my post and told me she had a copy of EQ5 that she never really got into and gave it to me for free. Awesomeness, right?

Lately I've been having these sparks of quilting inspiration so I have been trying to play around with EQ. "Trying" being the hey word here. I'll make a block and send it to the scrapbook, but when I try putting it into a quilt layout it won't let me. "Can't set drawing on base layer of quilt (use Layout Options to remove restrictions)." I can easily set the blocks already installed on the program, but a good 80% of the time I need to create my own.

The whole reason why I wanted this program was to aid in my quilting design process and I can't get the thing to work! I think the only reason why I haven't sworn at it is because I remind myself it was a generous gift from somebody and I'm not going to curse at a nice gift. Still, I'm frustrated. And there's nothing in the Help section of the software that tells me what I'm doing wrong. What am I doing wrong?