Old 05-30-2011, 03:04 PM
clsurz

Originally Posted by Prism99
The Cricut is more oriented to scrapbooking. These can do a lot of custom shapes, but just one at a time.

This is incorrect. I own all the different Cricut models and it can cut multiple of the same shape at one time. It utilizes a cutting mat in size 24" x 12" and you can lay it out and put in as many cuts as it will hold depending on size of the cut you are doing.

Scrapbookers think of it as a machine more oriented to scrapbooking but mixed media artist use it to cut just about anything they want to cut within the limitations of the functions.

It cuts fabric quite well, chipboard, thin medal, card stock, paper, vinyl, and a host of other materials.

I use the Expressions and the Imagine to print and cut fabric all the time. I simply put in my design to as many as the mat will hold, put in my fabric and let it cut all the pieces I have on that mat.

With the Expression you can use the 12 x 12 mat or the 24 x 12 mat. And like I said for as many of the item you can put on the mat that is how many it will cut.