View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 07:39 PM
heronlady

We have three flatscreens now, an LG 32" LCD in the bedroom, which we've had about three years, an LG 55" LED in the great room, which we've had about a year, and a 19" Vizio LCD in the kitchen. Love the 55" the best--we watch a lot of NCAA basketball in the winter and bought it for that. We have a lot of windows plus skylights in the great room so we could have a "reflection" problem. The salesman at BestBuy turned all the tv's off with the click of a button so that we could compare the finishes on the screens--some of them have the non reflective glass (the LG was one of them). All three tv's have great pictures. My complaint with the Vizio is how it responds to the remote (actually a Direct TV remote). With the LG's, all you have to do is point the remote in the general direction and push a button. With the Vizio, it's a hassle to try to get it to respond--have to point it just right and push the buttons multiple times at multiple positions to get the tv to respond, which it frustrating. I tried to get my husband to exchange it for a different brand but he never did.