View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 08:09 AM
olebat

Originally Posted by Jazz
"Oh please ladies! Did you read all the negative JoAnn coupon and sale comments earlier in the weekend? It is interesting that stream is no longer available. Yes I went today and stocked up on buttons. But that place and their sales and coupons and very fine print bothers me too much. Plus at our store the quality of their fabric is sometimes less than desirable.”

Really? What happened the stream of negative comments? I agree with you, the quality of fabrics have deteriorated, and their prices have increased since they were bought by a new corporation.
Price increases are every where. The increase at Jo Ann's is coincidental with the buy-out, but not because of it. The only differences are that the new corporation has been able to open more stores, and has plans to continue expansion. Regardless of where we shop, the quality of fabrics is in ranges for each budget. Even one of my LQS's has a low quality line which I wouldn't use for a dog bed, but it looks pretty and is affordable.

Sometimes, all we want to do is sew, and have fun creating. We aren't quilting for a Best of Show ribbon, or a family heirloom. We're sewing for personal gratification, and if we choose a 200 thread count because it it is in our budget, and we like the colors and pattern, then it's our choice. We can't boycott the retailer because of what the manufacturer produces. Have you quit buying toilet tissue sense the rolls have become smaller for the same price?