View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 01:08 AM
Annya

Originally Posted by justflyingin
Anyone want to comment with an estimate of how much you spend (not counting your labor) for various sizes of quilts you've made in 2010 or 2011?
In the other thread with this title, we discussed the cost of making a quilt, but no one answered this question--that I noticed.

What are you all really spending on a quilt? Can some of you share what you are spending..and if you pull the fabric from your stash, it doesn't count as "free"--it counts at the price that you paid for the yardage--unless it is truly a scrap quilt of from your used clothing that you were going to throw away.

I think it might be an interesting experiment if some of us would actually keep track of 1. money spent/invested, and 2. hours spent on some of our quilts this year and then compile the information.

Does anyone have this information from your own data...and once again, unless someone else GAVE you the fabric saying that fabric from your stash is "free" isn't playing fair--it's what you paid for the fabric when you put it there--not market value now. :)

It would be an interesting study.
I usually spend about $50 on fabric for the top then another$30 for the back unless I do a scrappy back out of left overs. That is for a single bed size. Some times I spend up to $250 for the whole quilt only to give it away. I have to be careful of what I spend these days. There are a group who comes to my quilt group who have cheap prices for top quality and I spend up to $100 for all that I think I will need in the next few months. I buy fabrics at times and built up a theme until I have enough to do the quilt.