Thread: need advise
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 01:37 AM
Annya

Originally Posted by clair
ok girls and guys , I have it in my head to purchase a serger. I,am retired and just want to play with one. am I crazy? you know when you get something in your head and can't jet it out. anyway either talk me out of it or tell me the one I should buy, remember I'm a beginner at serging, though I quilt and sew a lot I've never owned a serger. I've been looking but it's really confusing. Looking to spend around 500.00 I looked at baby lock and if I was sure I would use it that would be my choice ,but I'm real good at wanting something and then never using it after I get It . I would consider a good used on If I knew what to look for. Need your help in picking one Thanks in advance. :D
I have had one for over 20 years and recently had to get another when my first died. I use it to finish off garments, cushion covers and any thing else I need to do with it. It is up to you to decide if it is worth the money in the long run. You will never know when it will come in handy and they are great machines. I found out you can do many other things with them not just edges. There are DVD's which show you all the different things that can be done. Try one out and see if you really want to spend that money.