Old 06-04-2011, 03:38 AM
deedee75

Originally Posted by Leann
Wanted to tell you about my successful May. It did not start that way. Anytime I cut sugar and caffeine from my diet, my energy level crashes. The 17 day diet went further and cut starchy carbs from the first cycle.

Allowed foods,,,all the egg whites, tuna, chicken, and turkey you can eat; 2 yogurts, 2 select fruits before 2pm, unlimited select veggies. The plan recommends 2 fats, 20 min walks, 8 glasses water, and 3 servings green tea daily - these I did not follow. By the end of this first 17 days, my energy was returning and I was resuming my workouts. My stomach had drastically shrunk.
Thanks for posting this, I have been curious about the 17 day diet. Unfortunately, it's once again a diet that doesn't work with me. I'm a vegetarian and I'm allergic to eggs.
Diet plans that say they are vegetarian friendly are not. I was on Nutrisystem a few years ago and was doing awesome, I was actually down to the weight I should be. Then they "improved their meals". Upon reading their new ingredients, every single "Vegetarian friendly food" had a base of chicken or beef broth. That, combined with the upheaval of a move from California to Indiana, my eating habits went back into the gutter.

Yesterday I flunked on eating and exercise. This stupid summer cold is kicking my rear. I spent most of the afternoon asleep on the couch. When I got up, I felt so bad, I stuck frozen pizzas in for the girls.

I'm getting my car this afternoon. Sis is gonna pick us up and then we are going to the movies and the Dunes. I think I'll drop Sis and the girls at the movies and I'll go to the veggie stand as I am seriously out of veggies and fruit. These girls can out eat me! They do love fruit and veggies though!