Old 04-15-2009, 07:53 AM
crazyquilter

There was no work for the prep of the quilt, it was pressed and ready and looked sharp. Her price was just stippling...no binding and no batting...just the price to stipple it w/thread figured in. I guess I am just a naive quilter here!! I honestly had no idea what others charged for I've done my own I'm wondering if someone's time becomes out of reach for too many? Glad I said nothing!:)LOL Thanks for the input....hope there is more coming:0)Skeat[/quote]

Another way of looking at all of this... :shock: if someone had reached out and touched me and simply given me a Gammill, I would have gladly taken it, said "Thank You," and charged less than what I do for quilting. I work in my home and have no overhead here, but I could have bought a cheap new car for what I paid for my machine. I can't afford to work for nothing, but I do charge a lot less than most do in this area. From about 30 for crib size to about 90 for king size and no one here is complaining...Batting/binding would be extra. Also, there is a certain amount of skill involved; you don't just buy it one day and become an expert quilting feathers the next. Someone else mentioned the price of a nice dinner out...gone forever once consumed. At least with a quilt there is something that will last a lifetime. Of course the other alternative is to quilt by hand. How much would your friend charge for quilting a whole quilt by hand??? And how long would it take???Just curious. :roll: