Thread: VSMS Retreat???
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 12:59 PM
greenini

Billy, if we're back from our summer trip we'd love to come...and camping would be fine! At some of the VW get togethers they do engine build things, engine burn things (those magnesium motors do flare), loudest engine, etc.

I found out that local quilting shops here in Atlanta were truly generous about providing things for door prizes and gifts. They supplied enough stuff that each of 15 attendees were able to take home 2 or 3 really nice things...some were bundles of fabric, fat quarters, patterns, etc. We made matching fabric squares and had everyone pick one up as they signed in and got name tags, then drew the squares out of a bag. The only hitch was that as we had brought sq for 2 times as many as showed up, we didn't take the time the first time thru to pull out the non chosen sq. If I had it to do over, I would have a bag or basket and have them take the 2 sq, one to keep for the drawing and put one in the bag to use for the drawing.

Another way we really like to raffle stuff is called a bucket raffle. You get to put your tickets in a bucket in front of the things for raffle. If it's something really nice a lot of folks will put all their tickets in one bucket.