Old 06-06-2011, 03:00 PM
QuiltnLady1

Well, I don't feel so bad. My sewing room is 8x10 with a 4x6 desk in the middle that has 1 serger, 1 embroidery machine and my quilting machine. As if that is not enough to crowd the space, my ironing board is there as well as a dvd/cd shelf from IKEA for fat quarters and corner shelf my dad built that holds a bunch of fabric. The walls are covered in peg board and I have shelves and pegs. My fabric stash out grew available space and resides in the laundry room and two linen closets. If I gain too much weight I won't be able to get in the chair to sew without punching a hole in the wall (LOL).

Right now I am trying to clean out the sewing room (trying to recover from a blitz of flannel receiving blankets, fleece blankets and pillow cases so I can get back to quilting). I have widened the path around the room and am filling a bag of scraps I will never use to give to the thrift store so they are someone else's problems. A couple of years ago I refolded all of my fabric around the rulers with the size of the fold determined by how much fabric there was in the piece. It helped -- more fabric fit in the space but when I get creative it is a major mess since I must pull half the stash to find what I want.

After dinner it will be quality clean out time again. I am trying to find a template that I know I used on one of the receiving blankets and I need it now for another project. Hope I can find it soon. Maybe I can sew tomorrow.