Old 06-06-2011, 07:14 PM
MaryAnna

Originally Posted by ThayerRags
Originally Posted by frauhahn
This is the reason that I don't have one-if I sew in the livingroom or diningroom....
How about just using those rooms for a permanent sewing room?

My wife had a small bedroom for a sewing room, and every time her friends came by, everyone ended up crowding into her small sewing room to see her latest projects. Even when it was just the two of us here, we were usually both in the sewing room visiting or watching TV. So...

We had most of our sewing machine collection in the livingroom anyway, so one day in October 2009, we turned our entire living room (13' x 18') and dining room (10' x 10') into 334 square feet of sewing room. We now have a sewing room with a small parlor area (loveseat, 2 recliners, & TV) and a snack nook (the dining table and chairs pushed into a corner). The dining table also doubles as a cutting and layout table. We still use the walk-in closet in the old bedroom sewing room for supplies and fabric storage.

We’ve enjoyed our new “sewing room” greatly. Of course, you could consider our entire home a sewing room really. We have 33 machines in our house, counting storage rooms, bedrooms and bathrooms, including 10 cabinets and treadles. Thirteen of the machines are up and running whenever needed. The rest are awaiting our attention.

CD in Oklahoma
I like your idea...I've been thinking about where to go...and had a thought about my LR/DR/Office area....the tv is in there and I have an old White machine in a cabinet...you know, I actually sew more on that machine because it's located in a 'living area' moreso than my sewing machine in my bedroom.....

I think you're onto something here.....great idea!
Blessings,
MaryAnna