Old 06-07-2011, 12:06 AM
cabinfever

Originally Posted by JulieTN
One thing a friend did I thought was about the best idea ever - was to totally empty her sewing room - period. Then begin to select what pieces of furniture she could use from the stuff she took out, and continued from there. Start heaving stuff into the hall etc immediately - no thought, just throw it out of the room!Julie
Great suggestion! When I cleaned houses for others during college, I actually never minded, because the piles weren't mine to go through. I just moved everything out of the way, cleaned & put things back. I think it is always easier to do the big part...like furniture, major boxes of organized supplies.
The tough part comes in sorting out the "junk" boxes that have accumulated over time, when things had to be put away in a hurry, just a mish-mash of every kind of thing. I have a few of these to go through as well. Just follow what others have suggested on this board in other posts...start somewhere & just set a timer to do 10, 20, or 30 minutes a day, & eventually you'll get there. Now, if I can only follow this advice myself. :oops: