Thread: PC Quilter
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 06:51 AM
MzMcKee

I have a PCQuilter... Sorry I'm late getting in to this topic. I can understand the computer included. The PCQuilter started out using parallel ports, the old printer ports. Newer computers don’t have them, they have USB ports. There is a hardware upgrade for it, but it’s not as easy as just attaching an adapter, you’ll need to work with the company.

Here’s what I know about purchasing used. You will have to purchase a “support” package from PCQuilter. If you have any problems, or need any training until your comfortable using it and need to call the company, you will need a support package. The software is registered to the current owner; I don’t know if it’s transferrable, again you’ll have to contact PCQ. Updates to the software are free to the registered user.

If the current owner is willing to demonstrate the system to you, tear down and set up and confirm that is it still working as previously demonstrated, and your satisfied with the setup… it is an awesome deal. The 1500 alone is worth $500-700.

Make sure it comes with all the original software disk, not that you’ll need them, but who knows. And if it’s working to your satisfaction, then you really shouldn’t need any type of software upgrades.

Oh, and there is a yahoo group too. They have lots of information there. Let me know if you have any questions!
Mona