Old 06-08-2011, 03:13 PM
joyceinoh

Originally Posted by dharen7
My sil and I made a nice sewing room for me in the family room and when I went down to fix up a tastefully simple order for one of my clients when I picked up the box off the floor it was wet. Looked over here I had excess water on the floor soaked up in the carpet, traveled up the boards on the back of my shelving and my material was damp. Hopefully I can just stick it in the dryer for a few and it'll be okay. I was thinking I was lucky my sewing table was to high and my husband had to put a 4*4 under my pedal or I could have gotten shocked when I was down there sewing . I never wear shoes. So back to square one rooms a mess I cut up all the carpet dragged it out to the trash. now waiting for the big decision to re carpet or just put a couple of rugs down. Put everything up on blocks and pray it dosent get moldy

Even if it don't get moldy, it is probably smelly. I left a basement window open once and it rained in on some of my stash, being around it all the time, I didn't notice the odor, but others did.

So if you sew for others I would wash and dry the material.

I keep a dehumidifer in the basement to protect my sewing machines from moisture.