View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 04:25 PM
softpatches

I am soooo amazed to hear that other folks have been suffering with this as long as I have. I was 1st diagnosed in the early 1980's and it was called Fibrositis----I too went from doc to doc and was told it was all in my head. It got soooo bad that I agreed "ok it's in my head, now fix it"---- I'm sure I have had this my whole life---As a child I had horrible leg aches that would keep me up most of the night. My parents were told it was growing pains but funny thing I guess I kept growing, only thing is I'm only 4'11 1/2", LOL

Don't give up if you are still searching for help----Things have moved forward for us soooo much in the last 5 yrs and I feel like it will be sooner not later that science will figure out what is going on with us.

Lastly, I've noticed a lot of mention regarding toxins and allergies---I do believe that we are more subject to these problems because of Fibro not the other way---I was diagnosed with Celiac 3 yrs ago which is an autoimmune condition. Since I have been on a gluten free diet and on the Cmybalta I have improved greatly---

My hope is too see this condition understood before I die---