Old 06-09-2011, 03:28 AM
JHolm

Rita's Mom - So sorry for your loss and the families loss. My son got involved with drugs and alcohol when he was 14.It was three years of hell before he was finally placed in a juvenile correction facility where he stayed until he aged out of the system. We never really got over the damage that his use did to our family. It took him along time to get his act together and I'm not sure he totally has. We raised his first child until he was 10 yrs old because my son and his GF were still involved with drugs and couldn't take care of our DGS. GS went back to live with them when he was 11 to help raise the two younger kids they had by that time. Oldest GS is 21 yrs old now and back living with us. They kicked him out when he turned 18, said he was old enough to care for himself. Then 2 yrs ago son and his wife picked up and took the two youngest ones and moved to CA. They never asked the oldest if he wanted to go so he's here with us. We've only talked to the grandkids a couple of times and my son sent flowers on mother's day but we really don't have what you'd call a relationship. If kids only knew what drugs & alcohol did to them and their families I wonder if they would still use.