View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 04:40 AM
Blackberry

Beautiful Machine and it is a long bed too. I have one coming and I can hardly wait but first we must buzz down to Baton Rouge and attend a dear friend's funeral. I think you will really enjoy this machine at least I hope so. I read a lot of comments on this board about the Singer 301 before I purchased mine and they all were really well pleased with their machines so I am certain I will be too.
Originally Posted by LAQUITA
After talking with the man @ the Janome, he really wanted $150.00 for it not the $100.00 PLUS, it had no power cord or pedal with it. (he couldn't find it) So there was no way for me to 'try it out'.
So this AM the man with the 301 called, we made arrangements to meet uo at a WM parkiing lot. His sister came with him, this was their grandmother's machine. This lady didn't sew and didn't want to learn. The case was as good of shape as it could be in but the machine.... :) see me smiling.???

There was no real way for me to 'try it out' in the parking lot, but it looks GREAT! So i asked if she would take......$50.00 for it. AND SHE DID!!!!! There are no attachments, BUT the power cord / foot controller is there and the original (no fraying of the cord or anything!) and the bobbin case and one bobbin was intact. No rust , the case didn't even smell that bad! I am SO EXCITED!!! Can you tell??? hUH HUH CAN YA???? :)

I have included a picture of 'her' and now to find a name.

What have you named yours? And WHY are we'naming' our machines???? LOL