View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 12:26 PM
JoyjoyMarie

I just read this whole thread which I rarely do! Couple of comments: 1. Aspertame- I started drinking diet Coke when it came out, and was knocked for a loop- dizzy spells- more than once from it. I read an article in a magazine or the newspaper that put me onto it as a cause, and I quit cold turkey and never looked back. No additional problems for many years.

2. When I am taking my B vitamins, calcium and magnesium, and D, I think I am in better shape (less pain)

3. Stretching- Daily stretching makes a world of difference to me- that seems to tie in with the muscle relaxant approach including massage and mild exercise like swimming. I have read that Yoga is good for "what ails you" and it is both stretching and strengthening.

4. Getting enough sleep has always and continues to be very important to me- I got an "award" in my college dorm for being the "best sleeper," but I don't do well at all without it. My big problems started when snoring and apnea starting interrupting my sleep. High blood pressure, arthritis, knee and hip pain, sciatica- they've all been creeping up on me. I think I'm writing this to share what I know and remind myself to get back to the stretching routine. That's the one that's hard to maintain, for some reason!! good luck to us all!