View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 04:58 PM
KwiltyKahy

That is the way I like to do it, too. Not always happening though. You reminded me of the Christmas, when my boys were very young (back when I decided what they wanted). I saved the catalogs from Sears and Penneys and did all my shopping before they ran out in the summer. It was great, one of my shining moments.
Originally Posted by ontheriver
I was at Walmart last month and they had a great clearance table in toys. Barbie doll sets for 3.00. My granddaughters love them so I bought 6 different ones and put away for birthdays and christmas. Also had lots of baby toys. I bought a bunch for my newest granddaughter who will be 10 months at christmas. I think I got her 5 toys for under 10.00, including a teddy that talks and sings to you. Got my mom some preprinted quilt squares for her to embroider as she loves handwork on clearance at Hobby Lobby for 4.00 ea. pack with 6 squares in each, got her 5 packs. Also have made 3 quilts for gifts so far this year. So, I guess I am a little ahead of the game. But that is me. I shop the sales through the year. Last year I had all my shopping done by labor day. It was great not having the last minute rush.