View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 05:02 AM
pineneedles4

Originally Posted by Old hen
I have cardboard bolt boards full of fabric for complete quilts, binding and backing that number well over 40.......I also have a room full of stash including jelly rolls, layers cakes, etc., and don't feel guilty about it at all. It's my vice, but it keeps me happy and my quilting group ladies will inherit it and my numerous machines when I'm gone. None of my family members are interested in it, and my quilting girls can't wait for me to kick the bucket...............not true, they love me! I feel it's my way of compensating for many, many years of "family first".
I hear you! I would probably feel better if I weren't in such a cramped space. When I moved back to Oklahoma from the east coast, I moved from a 3,400 sq. ft. house with a huge sewing room to a small two bedroom duplex. I'm feeling a little cramped so when I try to clean and organize it's hard in such a small space. My sister just moved back from California and is staying with me so I think I feel quilty for having so much stuff! When she buys her own place, I believe I will line the extra bedroom with tall, white, storage cabinets to organize all of my crafts! Right now they are in large tupperware storage bins along the wall. Not very pretty, but at least they are organinzed now and I don't have to dig through so many bins to find what I'm looking for when I go hunting! I really envy those that have so much space they even have a long-arm machine! Someday......

Vanessa in Oklahoma