Old 06-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Xylie55

Well,I'm a webfoot,so am dyeing to know where you were at in Oregon.I really miss it too.But love it here also.Our home is where our heart is,right now it's here.[/quote]

Hey Xylie, first we landed in Ocean Park, Washington in our RV. It is on the Long Beach Peninsula. When we moved back, we ended up in a townhouse across the Columbia River in Hammond, Or - across the bay from Astoria.

I have a story similar to Missy's Harley Davidson rumble. The first time we pulled on to the Peninsula was the weekend after Labor Day. Unbeknownst to us, everything was booked because it was the "Rod Run to the End of the World"....classic cars everywhere.

Great memories. Where in the NW have you lived?[/quote]

Well I was born in Ontario Oregon,grew up in Vale,Oregon till 16,then we moved to Milton Freewater,Oregon.Then to the coast at Newport.So grew up in the blue mountains as my grandparents lived at Spray,Oregon where John Day was the closest bigger town.And grew up on the Columbia River cat fishing and hunting the Blue mountains.We come from generations of loggers from way back.So,I'm a rebel at heart,it just comes naturally.We grew up wild and did all sorts of crazy things.Wonder were all still alive.And what the boys did,the girls did.If the guys went hunting or fishing,we went too.No,it's for just guy thing there.We all went.We grew up on deer and elk.My dad was a skid dozer and run a big cat and we always went with him a lot on his jobs riding the cat.He was one of those that would go where no man had been before dozing roads for the lumberjacks,and also dug the resevours.Been down here since 1990.No snow like we had in Oregon,but we love it here.