View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 06:15 PM
aborning

Originally Posted by Debbie B
I'm not financially able to buy one at this time, but I do dream of a longarm & do plan to buy one eventually. I read every post on this board about the pros & cons of owning one. On-line I've gone to the websites of all the big names in longarm machine. Bailey's seems to be at a good price for a new machine and I like the HQ16. I actually tried the HQ16 (sit down version) at a quilt shop and it sew so smoothly. I even have a picture of the HQ16 taped above my old sewing machine on my sewing room wall as incentive...ha. Although, I will probably buy a used longarm. And I have to think about space as my sewing room is only 10' x 12.6'. As my husband & I near retirement age I was hoping that this would be a way to suppliment our income...not be our income, but bring a little bit in every now & then. In the meantime (unless money falls from the sky or some sewing machine genie is giving one away) I'm dreaming, dreaming, dreaming!
Since the HQ Avante18 came out, alot of people are upgrading from their HQ16 to the Avante18. I have seen alot of used HQ16's lately at very reasonable prices. That may be an option to pursue.