View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 09:15 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

it does seem that ppl get interested in something, not working out all the how to's, both with the blocks/quilt, but also the 'how-to's' in their life.
Then next thing you know, they are unable. Being a bit embarrassed perhaps, they disappear?
Or sometimes they feel intimidated.
I can tell everybody reading this...I am not so very experienced, and work very slowly bc of health issues and anxiety, etc.
I work best with music and peace of mind!
I just have a real hankering to do this quilt and couldn't keep myself from joining in.
A real 'leap of faith' for me! (oh, you have NO idea!)
This is not a contest, not a race and we are all friends. We just want to support, drool :thumbup: and have fun!
Anyone that was tempted, please don't be shy. You couldn't do any worse than the mousie.
But you will have to be patient a bit with my chatter. ;-)
ok, I mentioned earlier this morning that I would be posting PROGRESS pictures.
The one that looks like it's further along...before you come out of the woodwork to say it: I DON'T WANT TO DO IT THAT WAY! :)
I decided that for me, it would be better to hand embroider first, THEN add my applique pieces, so I don't have to "scrunch" in my embroidered hearts, etc.
Let's hope this works:

first #9 with scrunched heart etc.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210914[/ATTACH]

hand embroidery on oversized block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210915[/ATTACH]

both blocks together
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210916[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-210908.jpe   attachment-210909.jpe   attachment-210910.jpe