View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 06:43 AM
Schnookie

Originally Posted by MTS
Originally Posted by cabinfever
Originally Posted by Deborahlees
I also have a die for this....crazy thing looks like a little brass washer with a small hole in the center. You place it on the perimeter of your pattern that you need to add a quarter inch to and then put the tip of your pencil in the hole and guide it around the sides of your pattern and it adds the 1/4", good for cicles and such.
Can you post a picture of link to this device?
Wow, it took me forever to find a picture of this thing. I knew what it was (I have one) but I didn't know the "official" name. I found it through a link to a DearJane page on someone's blog. :roll:

The Quilter's Seam Allowance Disk (or Quilters Wonder Wheel - even this page has two names).
It's by Collins, and I know I've seen it at Joann's. WalMart would also probably sell it.

http://www.dritz.com/brands/showcase...p?ITEM_NUM=C94

It, too, is a neat little notion, but it is not what was listed on the OP's class supply list.

And I see they've included the bar code so if you have to search it out in a store (that's computerized), it would be much easier. Very cool.
Wo, that is interesting looks like it would come in handy when making your own patterns!