View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 10:14 AM
whiskerwerx

The Shepherd's Light star pattern is not a Lemoyne star, although it is based on the same shapes. The pattern for Shepherd's Light is part of the Shepherd's Light series now available to purchase as a PDF from: http://members.shaw.ca/kigraham/

Thanks for the kind comments about this quilt. A gentle reminder that this is an original design which means that I hold the copyright: it would not be legal for anyone to share their copies of this file or any other file from a designer's website. After a significant length of time when these patterns were available for free [in this case, three years], they were made available for purchase in order to support the costs of maintaining the website to provide new free patterns.

Sadly, like many quilt designers, one reason I no longer share original designs for free is that too many people felt that "free" meant they were free to reproduce and redistribute our designs, post our graphics to newsgroups or their own sites or otherwise infringe on copyright. When that happens, I lose the potential revenue and can no longer afford to continue designing and offering the Bible blocks for free.

It's too late for Quilter's Neighbourhood, but that's my gentle reminder for those who forget that anything that's "free" on the web has been designed by someone, and that someone has the right to determine how her work is used.