View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 04:03 PM
charismah
Banned

This quilt is called "Road To stardom" from Eleanor burns book called "Still Stripping after 25 years"

When this book first came out I pieced this same pattern with very planned fabrics...and it was also the first quilt I had ever LAQ. So that was 2003.

After quilting this quilt

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-128448-1.htm

The patterns are very similar and I loved the scrappy style.

A woman in my bible study learned how to quilt from her mom....it was something they shared...and her mom passed a few years ago she has been letting her stash sit there untouched...she decided to give it away last week. I got one HUGE tote of fabric....I don't need fabric so I passed it on to another member...but I took enough out of the tote that I received to make this quilt (It didn't even cause a dent in that tote...Amazing how much stash we accumulate!)

I am going to gift this quilt to her as a momento of a hobby she once had and hope it comforts her to have it....I don't know what her colors are ...or anything so I made it scrappy style...I think it is soft and pretty.

I played with designs while quilting..it was freeing because it was my own quilt ( per se) and there was no pressure to please anyone...I started this quilt Monday night after I got the fabric...finished piecing it yesterday and pinned it on late last night..finished quilting it this morning...I am amazed with myself at how fast I accomplished it...but I guess when you are on a mission you get things done!

I pieced the back with the left over fabric from the florals on the front...I used HObbs polydown batting...it will have green binding that matches the first border.

I quilted everything freehand on my INNOVA. Thanks for looking!

back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212476[/ATTACH]

back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]212477[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-212462.jpe   attachment-212463.jpe   attachment-212464.jpe   attachment-212465.jpe   attachment-212466.jpe  

attachment-212467.jpe   attachment-212468.jpe   attachment-212469.jpe   attachment-212470.jpe   attachment-212471.jpe