View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Charlee

Originally Posted by JJane
Yes have been in connect with the seller-She did it right took it to a authorized shipper it was package well and the shipping company has agreed that it is a claim.. I just need to have a price of the decreased valve of the machine because the shipping damage or the price to have it repainted not sure I would have it repainted because it decreases the valve if it is repainted. At this point my head hurts---understand?
Originally Posted by Deborahlees
out of curiousities was the machine packed correctly....was there packing between the machine and case....between the case and box....do you have a recourse also again the seller.....so many people think they can just throw this into a box that fits and its ok.....
If the machine is damaged, it's already been devalued. Repair/restoration is not going to fix that. If I understand you right, you're probably not going to fix it anyway, just use it to sew with and love it forever...no matter the chips, etc. If you want it to look like it did, then it doesn't matter anyway, because you don't intend to sell it.

There's no way I'd ship off a machine to get an estimate on damage repair. If I can't get a ballpark figure from sending photos, then I'd find someone else.