View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 01:06 PM
crafty_linda_b

Jacquie I order from them online and they usually come with a week or so. I used to sell on eBay and did a lot of shipping. Our post office is small Richard our Post Master has me order supplies for him. He said they can only order so many of each size. I can get all I want. So when I send in an order I ask him if he needs anything and we split the order. They are cracking down on the flat rate ones now. He told me they can only be 3/4" thick or they will charge the person receiving it postage due when it's delivered. He says they were designed to send documents in. I tried to argue with him about that because it doesn't say that anywhere on the website when you order them. Also on the commercials on TV the Mail guy shows them and says "IF it fits it ships!" They do have a 70# weight limit but I doubt you could fit anything that weighs that much into a flat rate envelope. We sold tractor parts and I used them to ship heavy backhoe bucket pins. I made out like a bandit on those shipments. The boxes probably weighed over 25 #'s and they went for the cheap rate. I think back then the flat rate box cost about $8 to ship. This was several years ago. crafty_linda_b